Harris Interactive is a full service global market research agency, known widely for its pioneering innovative methodologies. Our activities span both business-to-business and consumer markets – specialising in telecoms, media, technology and entertainment (TMTE); and financial services.
We blend focused sector expertise with award winning research designs and approaches, with particular strengths in loyalty and brand research. Our engagements range from tactical one-off projects to ongoing strategic tracking studies for some of the worlds leading blue chip organisations.
The financial accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting on management accounts and financial processing of client projects, managing all accounting aspects of projects from the original budget setup to revenue recognition and to job profitability analysis. There will be a high level of interaction with all levels of client facing staff.
- Sales recognition
- Determine monthly revenue recognition based on job status
- Explain and implement key financial processes to non financial personnel
- Monitor and analyse budget versus actual performance on projects in process
- Maintain, and issue costing, secured revenue and recognised revenue reports
- Approval of job budgets and job initiation requests.
- Coordinate and monitor the accumulation of job related costs (labour & expenses)
- Determine and process monthly sales invoices
- Aged debtor management
- Certain balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in monthly management accounts
- Job profitability Reporting
Key Metric Areas:
- Accurate and timely close of job ledgers
- Outstanding accounts receivable at an acceptable level and fully explainable
- Accurate and timely reporting to project managers
- A recent graduate at early stages of ACCA or CIMA qualification
- A background in management or financial accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-driven confident team player
- Good judgement, tact, flexibility, organization and planning skills
- Strong people skills, including oral and written communications
- Ability to explain financial processes to non-financial personnel
- Ability to manage their own time
Company benefits include: life & travel insurance, private healthcare & company pension, along with 25 days holiday entitlement.