Position: Research Director/Associate Director
Division: Consumer Packaged Goods (FMCG & Retail)
Type of employment: (Maternity cover, starting December 2015)
Location: Manchester or London
About Harris Interactive
At Harris Interactive we’re fanatical about the fast moving world of consumer goods and retail. We are lucky enough to work with many of the world’s leading brands in these sectors. We blend deep category knowledge with award-winning research designs and approaches; so our clients keep coming back to us to help them make informed decisions about product development, brand positioning, communications and customer experience, in both Consumer and B2B markets.
To develop and maintain relationships with FMCG, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods clients through delivery of first class research within time and budget.
The Research Director/Associate Director has responsibility for providing strong and effective leadership to a team of researchers dedicated to delivering comprehensive custom market research to Harris Interactive’s FMCG, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods clients. The Research Director/Associate Director takes ownership for winning & developing all market research activity and relationships with their clients. Frequent interaction with internal and external stakeholders and a deep understanding of FMCG, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods market drivers and activity is a critical requirement to ensure the continuous improvement of research, relationships, revenue and retention for the company. Your extensive market research experience and knowledge will mean you are a role model and mentor to research managers and colleagues in all aspects of research projects. The Research Director/Associate Director will support, coach and mentor researchers in the pursuit of research excellence by providing direction, guidance and sharing knowledge. The successful candidate is expected to create an environment of trust, teamwork and empowerment leading both team members and clients to feeling respected and valued.
Enduring anprofitable client relationships ensure Harris Interactive successfully develops and grows providing opportunities for all involved. Your knowledge and business acumen will ensure that profitable relationships with clients thrive and that Harris Interactive’s reputation for innovative full service agency research is enhanced.
The company is going through an exciting time and about to embark on an ambitious period of growth. This is a high profile senior role that offers the right person the opportunity to use their in-depth market research and FMCG / Retail knowledge and skills to make a significant positive impact within the company.
- Provide a leadership role for the FMCG & Retail research business for Harris Interactive UK
- To drive successful strategy and high growth for the FMCG & Retail business
- Leads the design and execution of research which incorporates advanced solutions to meet complex needs
- Proactively looks to improve on client satisfaction
- Provides added-value consultancy for clients
- Conducts professional and authoritative presentations to clients
- Communicates confidently with clients about (their) business and sector issues
- Proactively works to improve efficiencies on project management within the team
- Oversees and takes the lead on projects to optimise quality and ensure excellence
- Takes responsibility for own target
- Ensures own job profitability target is achieved
- Develops, coaches and motivates staff within the team
- Establishes, manages and develops client relationships
- Provides significant input on proposals and pitches
- Presents at external conferences and seminars
- Initiates new business activity within sector
- Proactively works with the Marketing Department for the benefit of the team and accounts
- Provides input to team’s strategic direction
- Acts as an ambassador for Harris Interactive with clients and in the wider research industry
- Contributes strongly to business development, client relationship development and ongoing account management
- Degree level education
- Good understanding and experience of quantitative and qualitative research
- Line management experience
- Established FMCG, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods expertise
- Proven business development capability : winning new clients and growing client accounts
- Proven ability to lead client negotiations/meetings
- To apply or find out more please email: JobsUK@harrisinteractive.co.uk