Position: Senior Associate Director or Research Director (ENERGY)
Division: TEAC (Travel, Energy, Automotive & Charities)
Location: Manchester or London
To develop and maintain relationships across TEAC clients through delivery of first class research within
The Senior Associate Director/Research Director has responsibility for providing strong and effective leadership to a team of researchers dedicated to delivering comprehensive custom market research to Harris Interactive’s TEAC clients.
The Senior Associate Director/Research Director takes ownership for all market research activity and relationships across their assigned accounts. Frequent interaction with internal and external stakeholders and a deep understanding of Energy market drivers and activity is a critical requirement to ensure the continuous improvement of research, relationships, revenue and retention for the company.
Your extensive market research experience and knowledge will mean you are a role model and mentor to research managers and colleagues in all aspects of research projects. The Senior Associate Director/Research Director will support, coach and mentor researchers in the pursuit of research excellence by providing direction, guidance and sharing knowledge. It is required that the successful candidate creates an environment of trust, teamwork and empowerment leading both team members and clients to feeling respected and valued.
Enduring and profitable client relationships ensure Harris Interactive successfully develops and grows providing opportunities for all involved. Your knowledge and business acumen will ensure that profitable relationships with clients thrive and that Harris Interactive’s reputation for innovative full service agency research continues.
The company is currently going through an exciting time and is about to embark on an ambitious period of growth. This high profile senior role reports directly to the Head of TEAC and offers the right person the opportunity to use their in-depth market research & sector knowledge and skills to make a significant positive impact within the company.
- Leads the design and execution of research which incorporates advanced solutions to meet complex needs
- Proactively looks to improve on customer satisfaction within the team
- Provides added value consultancy for clients
- Conducts professional and authoritative presentations to clients
- Communicates confidently with clients about (their) business and sector issues
- Proactively works to improve efficiencies on project management within the team
- Oversees and takes the lead on projects to optimise quality and ensure excellence time and within budget
- Takes responsibility for own target
- Ensures own job profitability target is achieved
- Develops, coaches and motivates staff within the team
- Establishes, manages and develops client relationships
- Provides significant input on proposals and pitches
- Presents at external conferences and seminars
- Initiates new business activity within sector
- Proactively works with the Marketing Department for the benefit of the team and accounts
- Provides input to team’s strategic direction
- Supports Head of TEAC to drive revenue growth & profitability in line with budgets
- Degree level education
- Good understanding and experience of quantitative and qualitative research
- Line management experience
- Established energy research expertise
- Digital experience preferable
- Proven business development capability
- Understanding of behavioural economics
- Proven ability to lead client negotiations/meetings
About Harris Interactive
Harris Interactive is a full service market research agency known widely for pioneering innovative methodologies. Our activities span both business-to-business and consumer markets: specialising in a number of industry sectors including financial services, automotive, energy, travel, charities, FMCG, technology and entertainment. We blend focused sector expertise with award winning research designs and approaches, with particular strengths in loyalty and brand research. Our engagements range from strategic or tactical one-off projects to ongoing tracking studies.
To apply or find out more please email JobsUK@harrisinteractive.co.uk