Position: Research Director
Division: Financial Services
Type of employment: Full-time
Location: Manchester or West London
Harris Interactive Europe is an award-winning, full service digital research consultancy that makes complex decision easier by providing actionable consumer insights. We offer the perfect combination of research expertise and technology to keep our clients ahead of whatever is next in their industries. Our strengths include brand, new product development and consumer and employee research in both B2B and B2C markets.
Harris Interactive is a Toluna company, and together with KuRunData we strive to push the field of market research toward a better tomorrow.
At Harris Interactive we’re proud to have been nominated for the Market Research Society Financial Services Research Award on numerous occasions. This has been achieved by being truly engaged in the sector and developing innovative solutions to the challenges our clients face today. By partnering closely with our clients, we help them make informed decisions resulting in positive business impact.
We are looking for a Research Director to work within a fast-paced but rewarding environment. We work right across the sector including leading retail and investment banks, building societies, insurance companies and life and pensions companies. Our work spans the full marketing spectrum, but we specialise in market understanding, brand and communications as well as product and service development.
The Research Director has responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with financial services clients through delivery of first class research within time and within budget, providing strong and effective leadership to a team of researchers dedicated to delivering comprehensive custom market research.
The Research Director takes ownership for all market research activity and relationships within their assigned accounts. Frequent interaction with internal and external stakeholders and a deep understanding of financial services market drivers and activity is a critical requirement to ensure the continuous improvement of research, relationships, revenue and retention for the company.
Your extensive market research experience and knowledge will mean you are a role model and mentor to research managers and colleagues in all aspects of research projects. The Research Director will support, coach and mentor researchers in the pursuit of research excellence by providing direction, guidance and sharing knowledge. The successful candidate is expected to create an environment of trust, teamwork and empowerment leading both team members and clients to feeling respected and valued.
Enduring and profitable client relationships ensure Harris Interactive successfully develops and grows, providing opportunities for all involved. Your knowledge and business acumen will ensure that profitable relationships with clients thrive and that Harris Interactive’s reputation for innovative digital research is enhanced. This is a high profile senior role that
reports to the Financial Services Sector Head. It offers the right person the opportunity to use their in-depth market research and financial services knowledge and skills to make a significant positive impact within the company.
- Takes responsibility for own sales and revenue targets
- Leads the design and execution of research which incorporates advanced solutions to meet complex needs
- Proactively looks to improve customer satisfaction within the team
- Provides added value consultancy for clients
- Conducts professional and authoritative presentations to clients
- Communicates confidently with clients about (their) business and sector issues
- Proactively works to improve efficiencies on project management within the team
- Oversees and takes the lead on projects to optimise quality and ensure excellence
- Ensures own job profitability target is achieved
- Develops, coaches and motivates staff within the team
- Establishes, manages and develops client relationships
- Leads on proposals and pitches
- Presents at external conferences and seminars
- Initiates new business activity within sector
- Proactively works with the Marketing Department for the benefit of the team and accounts
- Provides input to team’s strategic direction
- Degree level education
- Good understanding and experience of quantitative and qualitative research
- Line management experience desirable
- Established financial services expertise
- Whilst we also do B2B research, we are currently particularly looking for Consumer and Digital experience from this candidate
- Proven business development capability
- Proven ability to lead client negotiations/meetings
Work in line with our Employee Values
- Integrity & respect – We treat our colleagues, clients and partners how we want to be treated.
- Success in unity – We deliver results by working as a team with common goals.
- Smart decisions in action – We implement plans without delay and stay nimble to
change on demand.
- Make it simple – We simplify complexity, making the complex easy to understand.
- Be bold – We welcome big and small ideas that challenge and inspire us to change.
- Delight customers – We work tirelessly to exceed expectations, turning satisfaction into delight.
- Reward great work – We believe performance is the reason for advancement. Do good work and good things come.
What we offer
At Harris Interactive you will find an exciting and multicultural place to work. We employ the best and the brightest in our industry and we are always looking for rising stars to join our team. We are proud of our team and we offer competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Join our team and achieve your full potential!