Position: Research Manager/Senior Research Manager
Division: Technology, Media, Telecoms & Entertainment
Type of employment: Full-time
WFH: Ability to work from home
We’re fanatical about technology, media, telecoms and entertainment. We are lucky enough to work with many of the world’s leading brands in these sectors. We blend this deep category knowledge with award-winning research designs and approaches. Our clients work with us to help them make informed decisions about product development, brand positioning, communications and the markets they operate in.
You will play a key role, taking responsibility for multiple trackers, working with one of our largest clients who operates across multiple sectors including Television, VOD, Radio and Media, so an aptitude towards working on large scale tracking projects is crucial. Though your core focus will be on the tracking study, you will also assist the team on a variety of ad-hoc studies relating to testing advertising campaigns and messaging, as well as wider ad-hoc studies into films, TV shows, consumer electronics, mobile networks, and gaming. The role presents a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and knowledge in a sector you’re passionate about.
You would certainly be expected to make a difference and contribute positively to the team. You will learn from, and be supported by, seasoned industry experts; and will relish the prospect of:
- Working as part of a lively, busy, supportive team
- Line managing and mentoring junior staff members
- Managing multiple trackers within the team, ensuring fieldwork, questionnaires, advertising, DP and reporting are delivered to high quality standards and on time
- Liaising directly with our main clients and stakeholders on a day to day basis, working with your line report to create and communicate schedules, update them on weekly developments, field requests for data, and ad-hoc analysis on the tracker
- Briefing and liaising with a range of internal teams and external partners to ensure effective project implementation and delivery
- Analysing and synthesising data to create interpretive, insightful reports and other outputs to meet the client’s research, commercial and communication objectives
- Advising clients and prospects on ad-hoc study approaches, helping them to meet their commercial and research objectives, and writing proposals
- Helping run agile assisted DIY ad-hoc research on our innovative digital research platform, writing questionnaires, checking scripts, and writing up reports quickly and efficiently where clients need assistance
- Work with senior members internally to develop company initiatives, including new products, new analysis techniques, training, and social programmes
- Only candidates with direct prior market research agency experience will be considered.
- Experience of tracking and ad hoc quantitative research
- Highly numerate and genuine aptitude for working on projects with large tracking datasets
- Demonstrating conscientiousness and attention to detail is crucial for this role
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Clear and confident verbal and written client communication
- Strong client-facing capabilities
Work in line with our Employee Values
- Integrity & respect – We treat our colleagues, clients and partners how we want to be treated.
- Success in unity – We deliver results by working as a team with common goals.
- Smart decisions in action – We implement plans without delay and stay nimble to change on demand.
- Make it simple – We simplify complexity, making the complex easy to understand.
- Be bold – We welcome big and small ideas that challenge and inspire us to change.
- Delight customers – We work tirelessly to exceed expectations, turning satisfaction into delight.
- Reward great work – We believe performance is the reason for advancement. Do good work and good things come.
What we offer
At Harris Interactive you will find an exciting and multicultural place to work. We employ the best and the brightest in our industry and we are always looking for rising stars to join our team. We are proud of our staff members and we offer competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
To apply or find out more please email: JobsUK@harrisinteractive.co.uk