Position: Business Development Executive
Location: West London (W5) or Central Manchester
Harris Interactive is an award winning full-service digital market research agency, widely known for pioneering innovative methodologies. We work with leading international brands in key sectors, including Technology, Media Telecoms, Entertainment, CPG, Retail and Financial Services; and have strong expertise in Brand, Stakeholder and NPD research. We blend years of sector expertise with award winning research solutions and leading edge technology and automation, to enable impactful decisions faster. Our engagements range from highly strategic custom studies, to tactical one-off/24 hour automated projects, to ongoing tracking studies.
Purpose of the role:
The primary focus of this role is to initiate and develop targeted dialogue and business with new clients and to help develop relationships and business with existing clients, in our core areas of specialism. This will be achieved via a mix of business development activities including, mailing campaigns, digital marketing, blogs/PR, telephone contact, events and media partnerships – most of which is already established. This will require close collaboration with the client account owners, marketing and other BDEs.
This role will suit someone who is proactive, autonomous, enjoys working in a dynamic environment, has the drive to sell a range of products and methodologies, and wants to contribute to the continuing growth and success of our business.
- Support opportunities which meet Company business strategy
- Drive efforts to bring new clients to the Company and expand relationships with existing clients
- Contribute to marketing plans, activity/initiatives, content, sales meetings
- Drive direct new business marketing follow-up, telephone and sales activity
- Coordinate and drive activity with the relevant sector team/account owners
- Meet personal targets including sales conference call and meeting bookings and brief generation
- Establish an understanding of the organisations’ research products and solutions, sufficient to open new dialogues and progress them to the next step
- Highly effective liaison and coordination with research staff/account owners and clients, to progress new opportunities/dialogues quickly and effectively
- Ensure all business development opportunities are followed through
- Experience in a business development, account or relationship management role, preferably with a market research or marketing background, with, 3 years or more experience
- A proven track record and can articulate/demonstrate success in such a role
- Strong and confident verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiasm for gaining a good understanding of client needs, our offer and blending that into compelling and convincing conversations and messaging
- Someone with the drive, proactiveness, dynamism and desire to succeed
- Competitive package, Pension Scheme after qualifying period, Private Healthcare, 25 days holiday
To apply or find out more please email: JobsUK@harrisinteractive.co.uk